>From a performance standpoint, the Intel Pentium M will out perform the
Celeron M even with the difference in RAM due to the expanded on chip
cache on the Pentium M.

If you use ferrites on the USB cable, then there is no functional
difference between it and the parallel port.

If the laptops have a Firewire interface, then the Firebox will work OK
to as long as this is a single use machine.  You will not be able to
load up several programs at once with PowerSDR running too.

-Tim
---
Tim Ellison
Integrated Technical Services

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:21 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Advice

I am sure this has been answered before, but ...

I am thinking heavily of getting a SDR1000.
I am a CW op (99.9%).
I have a choice of two laptops.
Which would perform better?

1) Dell Intel Pentium M at 1.6 Ghz w/504 MB ram and without a parallel
port ... thus needing the USB to parallel adaptor.
OR
2) Dell Celeron M at 1.4 Ghz w/ 1 Gig of ram and with a parallel port.

Will either of these be satifactory for CW using the Firebox audio unit.
I plan on using a paddle w/ a logikey keyer.

Tnx for you input.
73/Crit/K4BXN