Jean-marc BORD wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Thank you for your feedback, I love your marketing and your sales
> addiction.
> As least when you say No, one would love to have a minimum explanation
> rather than just 'No'.
>
> I can cope with answer 37 as it is pure hardware design, but 38 is just
> not a fair answer, as long as you have spare parts for SDR1K . I'm
> pretty sure you can sell them, especially aiming to improve your
> customer's equipments and satisfaction.
>
> 73's
> Jean-marc F1HDI

Jean-marc:

There is no separate BPF board in the Flex 5000 systems.  The filter
board is integral to the transmitter or receiver.  Part of the reason
for this is that the entire base system board has one RX and one TX on
it, is almost all surface mount, extremely low profile, and fully
balanced everywhere.  This makes it especially quiet and easier to
manufacture than the SDR-1000 (by a lot).

Frankly, it is a testimonial to software radio that the same software is
going to run on both systems except for those capabilities added to the
new radio that are unavailable on the SDR-1000.

Bob
N4HY

> Tim Ellison a écrit :
>

>> Jean-marc,
>>
>> The answers to your question can be found in the Knowledge Base
>> FLEX-5000 FAQ article listed as questions Q37, Q38, Q39.
>> http://kb.flex-radio.com/article.aspx?id=10374
>>
>> -Tim
>> -----
>> FRS KB Administrator