You know it's funny but I think it's a bargain at $2500  just based on the
specs in the add.   I already know what the SDR-1K will do and what PowerSDR
will do so all I have to do is speculate on what systems MUST be there in order
to meet the features provided in the add copy and I see an overall fantastic
value.  I may not know the exact particulars but I can tell enough to be very
excited about this radio at this price point.  I presume the exact particulars
will be released as soon as Flex is satisfied with their validity.

Icom for example claims +40dB on their intercept point for the IC-7800.  That
number is really a fabrication and is arrived at by gaming the ARRL testing
methodology.  When Sherwood measures it for example he uses a slightly
different methodology (in my opinion a more real world methodology) and he gets
something considerably less.  Doing these tests while they "seem" standardized
are not really standardized and it is important to understand it is not just
the number but what that number limits that is the critical thing.  The ARRL
testing methodology was devised in the early 70's and in my opinion is in bad
need of overhaul.  It wasn't a bad method for comparing a KWM-2 to a TS-520,
I'm not convinced it's a good method to compare a SDR-1000 to an Omni VII.

Here is the conclusion of a recent Sherwood test on the Omni VII:

"Attempting to measure blocking at the specified level of 135 dB @ 20 kHz, I
fed in a + 5 dBm signal into the Omni VII. Two things were observed: the S
meter went up from S5 to S6, and the audio went down 7 dB.  Blocking is not a
practical limit on the Omni VII."

The meters are going in the wrong direction.  Blocking is defined as when you
get a nonlinear increase, it is not defined as getting an absolute decrease.
The measurement is odd compared to normal measurement and its probably due to
the fact the AGC is digitally derived.  The real point however is not the
number, but what the number means: blocking is not the limit of the system!
that is the real bottom line

So I am willing to wait for good analysis and not hype.

73  W9OY