Reuben,

Another alternative to the Samlex 1223 is the Alinco DM-300MV.  It is a
switching supply & therefore MUCH smaller & lighter than the Astron.  Of
course, it costs more, too ($130-$160 USD in the US).  Output voltage is
adjustable 5-15 VDC, with a preset at 13.8 VDC.  Current rating is 32 Amp
peak, 26 Amp continuous, more than adequate for the Flex plus the myriad of
accessories I am running.  Even though it is a switching power supply, it is
dead quiet.  I have detected no RFI from the DM-330MV at all on any
frequency.

73, Ray, K9DUR