Bill,

Thanks for reporting the problem, it was a bug and it happened in my last
round of clean-up on the CAT code a few days ago.  I forgot to account for
non-Flex modes in the Kenwood transceiver status command IF;.  I have a
potential fix for the problem and am waiting for response from other CAT
developers to insure no unintended consequences occur before implementing
it.

When using a Kenwood emulation, Flex modes that don't exist in the Kenwood
command set will return the error message "?;".  This should in no way keep
the third-party software from tracking frequency.  That occurred because
mode is also reported in the transceiver status command IF;.  When
generating the IF command response, I previously had inserted a space in the
mode byte instead of the ? returned from the mode parser when the Flex was
in a non-Kenwood mode.  Inserting the error code in the IF response caused
the whole IF command to fail and the frequency (and everything else
concerned) was not updated.

The easy fix is to just return an AM code when the third-party software is
using the Kenwood command set and the Flex is in SAM.  Mapping would be a
better way but, since the entire CAT module is currently being rewritten,
I'd rather not add mapping in the current version.

Thanks again for reporting the problem.

Bob K5KDN