As the VAC website suggested I downloaded the demo version to be sure it would
work on my machine.  It did, and so I purchased it.  But when I tried to
uninstall the Demo vesion something went wrong and it did not completely
uninstall. I cannot now install the purchased version.

Eugene suggested I try to force an installation over what was left.  This has
not worked.  I have sent the trace file to Eugene and I am awaiting his
response on what to do now.

In the meantime, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how did
you solve it?

Pete (K2HGO)