To: <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 5:39 PM
Subject: [Flexradio] "New architecture lands"

And WITHOUT a thud:

Eric Wachsmann, KE5DTO, has been succesffully moving the C# hardware control out of PowerSDR for the Flex 5000 and has successfully done the first steps
of interop and is successfully sending and acting on commands using Erlang
to manage the remotable service and a gen_tcp behavior and using sockets.
We are doing a major rework on the firmware that will indeed allow us
EXTREMELY fast control of the Flex 5000 if it meets all of the promise the
manufacturer claims it will. If so, midi will be replaced with a file
descriptor type interface and this will run across all platforms. Midi will
still be useful for other reasons and when jack2 comes to a release, midi
will be easily transported via jack and netjack on linux, OS/X and Windows.

Bob Tracy is a man for whom my admiration grows daily.   He has a working
browser based baby step GUI console done in GWT sending and receiving
commands and a yaws server deliver said services.

For the Flexers and DttSP readers "The new architecture is born" and Brickle
and Tracy will forever be owed our thanks.

Bob

Sent by Frank to DttSP