In the Transmit tab of the Setup form there is an AM carrier level setting. I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect it will allow you to do DSB with minimal carrier.

73,
Clay  W7CE

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Ellison" <telli...@itsco.com>
To: "Joe Roth" <w...@live.com>; "Flex Radio" <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:16 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] [SPAM] Class A bias & DSB

Hi Joe.

Welcome to the club. No questions are dumb except for the ones about having the software generate more sunspots :-)

As far as your first question, the FLEX-5000 PA has the ability be variably biased for class A operation. The software controls to do that have not been added to PowerSDR to do it. I have no idea where that enhancement is on the "to do" list. I know the engineering team has been VERY busy with the FLEX-3000 and the other new products that will be coming out later this year.

As for question #2, I do not believe you can do what you are asking with the current software. I have not seen any control for reducing the carrier in AM, but the software gurus will have to answer that one.

-Tim