Many Unix/Linux Window Managers have an option that gives focus to whatever window the mouse is pointing to, even if it is partially covered by other windows. I find that feature handy and use it a lot. Too bad Windows doesn't offer the same flexibility as the free software.

73,
Clay  W7CE

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Ellison" <telli...@itsco.com>
To: "Neal Campbell" <nealk...@gmail.com>; "Laurie" <vk...@westnet.com.au>
Cc: <FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2010 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex 5000A and WPX

This is the infamous "focus problem".

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz [mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Neal Campbell
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2010 9:04 PM
To: Laurie
Cc: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz

When the 1500 comes, we can try that out!

Try one of Wooden Box Radio's Tmate knobs. They are a bit pricey but the feel of the tuning mechanism is very smooth, it has 4 buttons you can assign to various functions and it doesn't change the focus off your contest radio.

The knob itself is rather plain but you can change it with something else (I like a rubber coated knob with ridges).

I have one and really like it.
73

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software