Hello friends:
I am a Flex user 3 years ago.
This weekend i have had my first contest experience with the FLEX-5000A.
Is has been in the King of Spain SSB contest.
We have participated in Multi-Multi with 14 operators and 4 running
stations.
Some conclusiones:
-First the good points:
All operators have talked about his excelent selectivity. The FLEX station
has been used only on 40 meters.
40 meters in this contest is very very saturated this is becouse the great
selectivity of FLEX5000 has been great for us.
100% stable. We haven't had problems with stability using 1.18.6.
All operators have liked panadapter (of course).
We have had very good audio and signal reports.
Excelent looking for multipliers.

-Bad points (for me):
In a multi-multi contest, monitor is very very important. We haven't could
use it becouse the delay. All operators told the same: MONITOR is needed in
a contest.
Powersdr needs a FULL-LOCK button. NOT only the frequency, we need a
LOCK-ALL buttons. Involuntarily some operator have clicked on powersdr
buttons and we had some problems with this. Changind mode and some other
settings. In a contest, the non-flex operator must have powersdr locked to
prevent involuntari changes.
Some operator were looking for buttons, but the didn't find them. This
wasn't a problem for me.
The same PC (Mac Book Pro) was used for PowerSDR and Win-Test.

What do you think?
How did you solve the monitor problem?
And what about the lock-all feature?

Thank's a lot.