I wonder if commercial shippers like Flex get prior approval and special insurance permissions for their standard shipping methods/cartons.

I had to return my 5k for repair recently. Knowing what FEDEX considered adequate protection, I packed my original carton, with the 5k nestled inside, inside a larger sturdy carton with $15 worth of styro peanuts. The larger size of the carton even cost me extra to ship. When Flex shipped it back, it came in the original carton only, just as I had received it when it was new. (I will miss those peanuts the next time I have to ship something :-( ).

Also, I insured it for full value when I sent it, but it must not have been insured on the return trip, because I didn't have to sign for it - UPS left it in my driveway. High-value insured items usually require a signature. I am still wondering about the outcome if it had been lost or damaged in return shipment.

Jerry W4UK