The problem with inexpensive "12 V" amps is that they only have 12 Volts to work with, so that limits how much power they can put out. I suppose for our kind of use that's not much of a problem, as with good speakers, even 5~6W can be deafening!

Parts Express has quite a few automobile power amps at a reasonable price, so you might want to try there.

73, Jim