Thanks to everyone for the comments.

It does seem that the fluctuations in the output power meter readings are an artefact of the sampling/averaging process that drives the meter display. I will have a play with the multimeter options to see if there is a setting which provides a more meaningful result when sending CW.

73, Brian VK3MI ZL1AZE

-----Original Message----- From: Tim Ellison, W4TME
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:38 AM
To: Jim Jannuzzo
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz ; t...@flexradio.com
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] FLEX-3000 FLUCTUATING CW OUTPUT POWER

You can try lowering those time values and see what happens.

Tim Ellison, W4TME
Product Management, Sales & Support
FlexRadio Systems^(TM)
4616 W Howard Ln, Suite 1-150
Austin, TX 78728
Phone: 512-535-4713 Ext. 223
Email: t...@flexradio.com <mailto:t...@flexradio.com>
Web: www.flexradio.com <http://www.flexradio.com>

logo

On 2/13/2012 11:31 AM, Jim Jannuzzo wrote:
So, you could go to Setup | Display tab, and change the Multimeter options, correct? Which option would most effectively show the almost real time power- decrease Multimeter Average Time, or increase one of the related Refresh rates, or decrease one of hte Peak Hold times?
Jim KJ2P

/