If you're running Windows 7, use "Run as Administrator".

Jim  KQ6EA

On 02/26/2012 10:37 PM, Ken Alexander wrote:
I know this isn't a VAC support forum, but everyone seems to use it so here
goes.

I purchased a copy of VAC last week.  Uninstalled my demo version and installed
the full version.  I'm going through How to Set Up VAC 4.x in the Flex
Knowledge Centre, and my copy of VAC shows one cable that currently exists.
The instructions say that to create a second cable I go to the Drive Parameters
area in the VAC Control Panel, change 1 to 2 in the Cables box, click Set and
Click Restart.

I change 1 to 2 and click Set and get the following message:  "Cannot change device
property (0/5 - Access is denied)".  Then VAC quits and I have to restart it.

I don't even understand what that error message means!  Can someone explain in
words I can understand what's happening here?  I've tried the VAC Help but I
find it so full of jargon I don't understand it makes me dizzy, which,
admittedly is pretty easy!  :-)

No other software is currently running, including PSDR.

Any help would be appreciated.

73,

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS