On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 4:37 AM, Stan <wa2...@taconic.net> wrote:

> $199.00 per year software updates and tech support for the 6000 series.
> Are they going to do that to the 5000 owners?

Well, maybe. But let's say they don't. Are you unhappy with your current
5000/3000/1500? Remember, when you buy Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, Ten-Tec, or
Elecraft you are pretty much stuck with what you bought. Yes the make small
changes but nothing like what we have experienced with PowerSDR.

So, imagine, Flex comes out with a new version of PowerSDR. Would you pay
$100 to get it? Would you pay $100 to upgrade your PC from XP to Win7?

Only you can answer those questions for yourself.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.