From: Bob Kay
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 8:35 AM
To: Patrick Greenlee
Cc: K0DAN ; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Sweeping noise/signal across band

Here is how I locate it. I have an AOR 8000 portable receiver. I dial in the
offending freq and go hunting around the house. I've located a noisy
transformer on the pole. Smack the pole with a baseball bat. The vibration will
usually vibrate the laminations and you will hear it!

Sniffing the breakers will tell you what circuit it's associated with