I'm running a Flex 3000 radio with PowerSDR 2.5.3.

When tuning across the 160M band (in any mode) the received noise floor toggles between a normal (lower) level and an erroneous (higher) level. Steps as small as 1 Hz can toggle the noise floor. The erroneous level is approximately 6 dB higher than normal and is accompanied by spurious AM broadcast signals that can reach up to 20 dB above the noise floor. The problem is also evident when the antenna is disconnected but the AM signals are no longer present. It seems to be somewhat worse towards the bottom end of the 160M band.

I am also noticing a similar effect on the 10M and 6M bands (and to a lesser extent on the 15M and 12M bands) where the noise floor jumps between tuning steps but on these bands it does not seem to remain toggled.

Has anyone else noticed and resolved this problem? If so then any advice on how to resolve it would be appreciated.

Thanks and 73, Brian VK3MI ZL1AZE