The 5000 and the 3000 are great sdr radios.. I have a 5000 and love it... You can get a used 5000 now for the price of a new 3000 and it has a slightly better receiver, quieter fan, more antenna ports, etc. But since the software for both is the same, the features in software are identical.
Jim K4JAF

-----Original Message----- From: Dave Movius
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:07 PM
To: Steven Hess
Cc: FlexRadio reflector
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Expansion on previous question.

Dave,

I have a 5000 and love it. As for continuing support, there is NO question that FlexRadio continues to support this model. I just had an in-warrantee service completed in very short turnaround time. PwrSDR is supported as evidenced by the most recent software update -- after the announcement that the 5000 was no longer being made.

Call Flex and discuss your concerns. This company is top notch and straight forward.

73, Dave W7IWW