Hi Tim

Several models of HP notebook have ExpressCard ports. I'm using an HP ProBook 6570b and a Firewire ExpressCard with my Flex-3000. The note book also has on board FireWire port (JMicron controller) but unfortunately it is not compatible with the radio.

73, Brian VK3MI ZL1AZE

I'm considering the idea of using a laptop with my 3000 for portable ops.
Seems finding a decent laptop with an ExpressCard port for Firewire isn't
easy.  I've looked at yard sales and today at a local hamfest.  No joy.

Curious what others are using to run PowerSDR on a laptop?  I'm not
interested in anything Windows 8, and I'm not interested in spending a lot
of money.  I do remember the 1000 days using a Pentium IV and how I really
had to tune the computer to make everything work well :)  I suppose a dual
core laptop would get the job done today?  Maybe an i3 instead?  Not sure
how much L2 or L3 cache these processors even have.

Any recommendations from others that are successfully using a laptop with
PowerSDR are welcome.  Thanks.

Tim, WK4U