As it turns out, the source I found on the internet for “Dit duration” was
inaccurate so my
quick and dirty calculations were out by a factor of ten.

What I know know is the correct formula for calculating a “Dit duration” is
1200/WPM (this is just the
on-time, not including the trailing inter-element pause).

So at 20 WPM the on-time for a DIT is 60ms not 6 ms as I had originally
thought.  At 30WPM it is 40ms.
Usually I send in about the range of 20 to 25 so I am looking at about 50ms for
a DIT.
If I truncate the leading DIT by 10ms because of the 10ms PTT Out Delay I have
set in PowerSDR, I suspect
that it will still sound like a DIT as it is only being shortened by 1/5.

 I am now thinking that this is likely a non-issue.

Michael VE3WMB