John -

I am not an Apple user, so this depends on my memory of other peoples
experience. So, if I remember the issue, it is something on the order that
Parallels (and other virtual environments do not support firewire.  It is
just not present.  And that bootcamp does work.

Anyway, the Parallels Support people should be able to clear up the
details. Bootcamp is the way to run a Windows / Firewire application.

73

Ken  AC0HO