Another thing to check / verify; make sure all audio devices are running the same sampling rate and depth.... i.e 2 channel, 16 bit, 48,000 Hz. Mismatches with VAC and sound cards WILL cause significant DPCs (Delayed Procedure Calls).

73 & DX,
Gary - AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Lester Veenstra
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2014 6:54 AM
To: 'Phil Cragg' ; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Newbie help needed with 5000A in area of W.MD/NE WV

Phil:
   Thanks; But, the problem is Receive Only.   No transmitters active in
station, at all, when it locks up.
Have on order a new Granite FW cable and a new  SIIG N2E8412X  NN-400012-S8
to replace the StarTech PCI1394B_3 interface card.
  Les

Lester B Veenstra  MØYCM K1YCM W8YCM
les...@veenstras.com

US Postal Address:
5 Shrine Club Drive
HC84 Box 89C
Keyser WV 26726
GPS: 39.336826 N  78.982287 W (Google)
GPS: 39.33682 N  78.9823741 W (GPSDO)

Telephones:
Home:                     +1-304-289-6057
US cell                    +1-304-790-9192
UK cell                    +44-(0)7849-248-749
Guam Cell:              +1-671-929-8141
Jamaica:                 +1-876-456-8898

This e-mail and any documents attached hereto contain confidential or
privileged information. The information is intended to be for use only by
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the contents of this e-mail or any documents attached hereto is
prohibited.