I don't think you are going to eSata to FireWire to work,  but several have
tested ThunderBolt to FireWire adapters working very well.  Many of the newer
iMacs have ThunderBolt and Apple and several others have ThunderBolt to
FireWire adapters.   And the ThunderBolt adapter cards and motherboards are
making it to market.

73,
Dudley
WA5QPZ