Hi,

I am thrilled to report that the just-announced SmartSDR for iOS
official iPhone/iPad SmartSDR app (by DL8MRE) works wonderfully
via the Apple built-in VPN, for remote operation. This app is awesome!

Requirements are of course that you have the iOS VPN working, and
know the LAN address of the Flex6k radio. On the settings screen for
the SmartSDR iOS app, there is a toggle switch option to turn off
broadcast discovery and fill in the fixed IP address of the base-radio.
(SmartSDR for Windows and Maestro lacks this configuration setting, so far)

1) If you have a home router with the DHCP server option to assign a fixed
IP address to the Flex6k based on it's hardware MAC address, this makes
life simpler, since then the Flex will always have the same IP. Otherwise,
just make sure you know the IP of your radio before you leave home.

2) Apple iOS built-in VPN client supports IKEv2, IPSec, L2TP, PPTP VPNs,
and other VPNs are additionally supported through apps, such as Cisco
AnyConnect SSLVPN. I can barely wait to use my iPad while travelling now,
but even the smaller screen on the iPhone is impressively usable.

I'm just a happy customer, not affiliated with Flex or the new iOS App.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (m...@misty.com), KC3DRE