> From: AJ MacLeod
>
> Last night (using completely up-to-date CVS) I noticed that fgfs segfaults
> reliably if one relocates the a/c to KOAK using the "position a/c on ground"
> menu.
>
> After a bit more investigation, it appears that this is caused by a nan in
> the
> yasim turbulence stuff, because it's being fed garbage.  Using a JSBSim a/c,
> one is unceremoniously dumped into the sea.
>
> Starting the sim at KOAK does not display the problem, one must start
> somewhere else (anywhere, as far as I can tell) and relocate for the problem
> to show.

I just checked and this problem is in the 0.9.9 release.

August 14th there was a patch from Mathias:

- Introduces a FGScenery::get_elevation_m method which queries the altitude at
  a given position. In constrast to the groundcache functions this is the best
  choice if you ask for one *single* altitude value. Make use of that thing in
  AI/ATC classes and for the current views ground level. At the current views
  part the groundcache is reused if possible.- The computation of the 'current
groundlevel' is no longer done on the
  tilemanagers update since the required functions are now better seperated.

I'd put money on the problem originating here.   Problem is I don't have time
to look into this right now,  but if someone wants to fix what is probably a
source of multiple bug reports this is a good place to start investigating.

Best,

Jim