* Melchior FRANZ -- Friday 02 December 2005 18:44:
> I will present a patch after that which restores the
> original, pre-Objects&Terrain behavior.

Committed.

If FG_SCENERY=A:B and both dirs contain a Terrain/ and Objects/
subdir, then FGGlobals::set_fg_scenery() will expanded this to a
list [A/Terrain, A/Objects, "", B/Terrain, B/Objects, ""]. The
empty sting is inserted as a marker for FGTileEntry so that it
can stop scanning this set of Terrain/Objects twins.

If one doesn't let FGGlobals::set_fg_scenery expand A/ to
A/Terrain and A/Objects, but lists these explicitly:

   FG_SCENERY=A/Terrain:A/Objects

then those are *not* seen as twin dirs. A/Objects will then
not be scanned if a terrain tile was found in A/Terrain. That's
a feature. Only implicit twins make a group.

Hope this wasn't too confusing. It's well tested and seems to
work as expected. This does, of course, not generally prevent
doubled objects. If a windsock is in both A/Terrain/123456.stg
*and* in A/Objects/123456.stg, then both will still be shown.
So, if you see doubled windocks in KHAF (like I do), that's
not a bug but the consequence of fgdb merging.  :-)

m.