On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Andy Ross wrote:

That sounds like a bug.  They are intended to produce identical
behavior.  Is it possible you have a yasim binary build from a
different version of the code than your fgfs?

My first thought too.

The file I used was the AN-225-yasim.xml with the only modification of
negating the sign of wing incidence -- to get a view of what yasim
had to say about the model as it was before the recent yasim bugfix.
(Reverting the fix, so to speak: setting wing incidence to -4. No twist
settings in that file) Much to my surprise, yasim spitted it out again
with:
        Solution results:  Iterations: 10002
         Drag Coefficient: 0.000000
               Lift Ratio: 40757985280.000000
               Cruise AoA: 2.074975
           Tail Incidence: -2.490169
        Approach Elevator: 0.000000
                       CG: -7.222, -0.000, 3.603
        SOLUTION FAILURE: Solution failed to converge after 10000 iterations

Fgfs, however, happily accepts it.