Hi,

I just observed something I don't know if it's a bug or a feature:

Parking any JSBSim aircraft at KSFO and simulating global warming by setting
the air-temperature to 45degC and dewpoint to 40degC and observing the
properties
/environment/density-slugft3
and
/fdm/jsbsim/atmosphere/rho-slugs_ft3
one can see that there is a significant difference in the two densities of
air. It looks like density-slugft3 is calculated correct as 0.00209 resulting
in a higher density altitude and the rho-slugs_ft3 is still 0.002377 as the
value for standard atmosphere.

Since the rho-slugs_ft3 is used in the aerodynamic (qbar) and engine
performance section hot and high conditions seem to be without any effect for
JSBSim aircraft.

Is this correct or do I get something wrong?

Torsten