On 26 Jul 2012, at 11:28, James Turner <zakal...@mac.com> wrote:

>> Maybe we can use some ideas from it :) Basically we only need to pass
>> mouse/keyboard events and handle dragging/resizing and input
>> focus/stacking order of multiple dialogs.
>
> This is certainly where things need to start, then. I'd hope dragging and
> resizing can be mostly handled by the Nasal layer, the C++ only needs to keep
> the window and canvas texture in sync when a resize happens.

Just been reviewing the CanvasWidget (and related code) on your branch, and
there's definitely scope to fix some long-standing API issues.

You should consider the way osgWidget gets events from osgGA as the 'correct'
way. We want to be passing osgGA events around, not raw x,y values, and pretty
much all of fg_os.hxx dates from support GLUT and OSG in a single codebase -
which forces us to use a very crude API. If we use the real OSG events we get
lots of information about button index, event type and modifier state all
encapsulated in a clean way.

James