On 11 Aug 2012, at 18:21, Tim Moore wrote:

> This is what osg::PagedLOD does, though we often forget that the
> paging of the higher LODs is triggered in the cull phase.
>> I can't recall what scene modifications are / are not permitted inside a
>> cull-callbacl, however.
> You would want to let the OSG loader mechanism and the database pager
> do their thing. Geometry doesn't have to be loaded from files...

Could you outline the pieces of machinery needed for this to work? Given that
we already create LOD nodes, I assume it's switching those to be PagedLOD, and
setting the filename / extension / reader-writerOptions to some magic, and
creating a loader which matches that, which creates the buildings geometry.

If you could point to an example of such a loader, I'm pretty sure Stuart or I
could adapt his code.

James