* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [2001.11.15 12:45]:
> On Thursday 15 November 2001 1:08 pm, you wrote:
> > John Check writes:
> >  > I can't argue with that. Does anybody have suggestions for keybindings?
> >
> > How about 0, 1, 2, and 3 for the magneto positions?
> >

> > All the best,
> >

> > David
>
> Thats what I was thinking, but I'd probably go with the keyboard numbers and
> start at one, as opposed to the numpad.
>
> BTW to whoever suggested 's', that toggles the mini panel. We should
> probably move that to 'p' since panel hide is 'P' and bind pause to the
> 'pause' key. I'd also suggest the -/+ on the keypad as an alternate throttle,
> possibly with a modifier for mixture.

Could we also change the 'i' and 'I' keybindings?  They change the HUD
layout.  I was thinking we could make 'i' act like the 's' key to cycle
through the available HUDs.  Currently, 'I' give the normal HUD and 'i'
gives the alternative HUD (or visa versa).  We could free up a key by
making one key cycle and "wrap".

> Of course would *could* map keys like Fly or FS2k, but I never used either so
> I wouldn't know what the mappings are.

That would be cool and could definately flatten the learning curve for
some people.  Did a little looking around and found the following:

  Fly! II
  http://fly.godgames.com/fly2_man4.php

  FS2000
  http://virtuaviator.homestead.com/files/keysfsk2.zip

  FS2002

http://ftp.avsim.com/library/zipshow.php?DownloadID=11608&FileName=FS2002+COMMANDS.txt&CType=text%2Fplain

  X-Plane
  http://www.x-plane.org/Detailed/227.shtml

That should get us started.  :-)  I'll volunteer to work up an X-Plane
compatible keyboard.xml file.  How do you propose we do this?  Have a
separate keyboard-mysim.xml file for each?
--
Cameron Moore
[ Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"? ]