* [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David Megginson) [2002.01.31 20:56]:
> David Findlay writes:
>
>  > I think the other thing needed is stabilising all current
>  > features. There's lots of little annoying bugs that need to be
>  > reported and fixed. 0.7.9 should be released soon, then everyone
>  > could bug hunt that version. Then release 0.8pre1 and have everyone
>  > look for bugs in it. That way we can have a nice stable version 0.8
>  > then go and completely stuff it with new features after that.
>
> Yes, I agree that bug-swatting is also important.  We should aim to
> have 0.8 build clean with -Wall (under G++), and run clean with all
> FPEs enabled.  The latter will involve some coordination with the PLIB
> folks (I don't think they test with FPE's enabled).

I agree with you David M. on the narrow scope for post 0.7.9.  We've
accumilated a lot of features over the past year, and I think it would
be wise to level off and clean up a lot of the known issues with our
current codebase.

I've sort of delegated myself to simply fixing warnings and tracking
down bugs because it looks like I'll never have time to really learn to
be a hardcore C++ programmer.  :-)  I do my best to keep everyone's code
warning free.

The major issues *I* have with FG right now are:

- no runway lighting
- no rivers, roads or railways (I haven't figure our IFR yet ;-)
- not FPE-safe
- threads are completely unsafe
- the telnet and httpd property browsers don't understand indexed
  objects

If we could tackle those problems, I think 8.0 would be a pretty
impressive accomplishment.
--
Cameron Moore
[ Anything that's worth having is worth working for. ]