* [EMAIL PROTECTED] (matthew law) [2002.02.04 17:39]:
> Are there any plans afoot to incorporate a turbine powerplant into Flightgear?

Absolutely.

> Hopefully, when the English weather co-operates, my baby daughter get's over
> her vaccinations and I get chance to go skydiving I'm going to record all
> manner of audio samples from the lovely Pratt & Whitney in our Cessna Grand
> caravan.

Awesome.  We definately need contributions in the audio department.

> I thought they might be of use but I'm unsure as to what to do with them or
> if indeed, anyone here is interested in having a turboprop aircraft in FGFS?

I'm not sure of the timeframe, but I'd expect JSBSim to have a turboprop
engine model sometime this year.  And we already have YASim and UIUC
models that can model turboprops (I think).
--
Cameron Moore
[ How do you write zero in Roman Numerals? ]