Martin Spott wrote:

> > GeForce 4 announced.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's the big deal about the nVidia boards ?
> I know, they're pretty fast, but to what extent is this useful - at least
> for FlightGear. I have a simple ATI Radeon at my workplace with a PIII/600
> and this gives me about 40 fps. Do I really need more to be happy with
> FlightGear ?

If you are happy with your current setup then there's no need to change.
Constantly 40 fps should be alright.

But if you buy a new computer or aren't happy with your current
framerates you should look for a good 3d accelerator (wich is much more
important for FGFS than the CPU speed).

nVidia has the fastest (with ATI being 2nd) 3d accelerators around. And
they are under Linux as fast as under windows. So they are usually a
save bet.

CU,
Christian

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible.        -- Ashley Montague

Whoever that is/was; (c) by Douglas Adams would have been better...