* [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Curt Olson) [2002.02.13 12:32]:
> Paul Deppe writes:
> > Gents,
> >
> > With CVS as of 1200 EST, 2/13/2002, --time-offset does not work properly
> > when used in conjunction with --start-date-whatever.  For example:
> >
> > --start-date-gmt=2002:02:12:17:00:00
> > --time-offset=+01:15:00
> >
> > ...starts up at 1/1/1970 1:15:00.
>
> As best as I can tell, these two options are incompatible.  Each
> write's the specified value into "/sim/startup/time-offset".  There is
> a bug though because --start-date-gmt sets
> "/sim/startup/time-offset-type" to "gmt", while --time-offset doesn't
> reset this back to "system-offset" which is the default.
>
> So, I will assert that this could have never worked as you had hoped,
> and perhaps before you were specifying the arguments differently or
> hadn't noticed that it wasn't working.
>
> Someone should probably take a look at the initial time specification
> code after 0.7.9 and clean a few things up.
>
> Regards,
>
> Curt.

Curt,
If the --time-offset option is incompatible with the other time options,
we need to change options.cxx and the fgfs.1 man page to remove the "can
be used in combination with other time options" lines describing
--time-offset.  Thanks
--
Cameron Moore
[ Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?" ]