Tony Peden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> The way its set up right now, it should trim in-air if the speed is
> above 10 knots.
> >From FGJSBSim::do_trim():
> if(fgic->GetVcalibratedKtsIC() < 10 ) {
>             fgic->SetVcalibratedKtsIC(0.0);
>             fgtrim=new FGTrim(fdmex,fgic,tGround);
>         } else {
>             fgtrim=new FGTrim(fdmex,fgic,tLongitudinal);
>         }
>
> If there's a more reliable way to figure out that we want to
> be on the ground (aside from a similar hack with altitude)
> I'll be happy to change it.

Ah...one more thing.  When it does this jbssim reports that it's setting the
correct altitude, then it goes to the same elevation as the starting position
(just doesn't change the long/lat).  Then it seems if you aren't in the right
place it crashes with a Fatal error: Tile not found, attempting to schedule
tiles for a bogus long/lat.

This link below is the output from such an event.  It appears that the ground
level at the location where the program crashed was actually 539ft or about
200-300 feet higher than the initial altitude at take-off.  Not sure if I'm
reading this right, but maybe you can see something here:

http://www.spiderbark.com/fgfs/ctrlubug.txt

Best,

Jim