Erik Hofman writes:
> Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> > D Luff writes:
> >
> >>I can do.  I assumed Norman would provide a MingW compiled
> >>one, but he doesn't seem to be around at the moment.
> >>

> > Norman has resigned from the FlightGear project for now ... :-(
>
> For any particular reason, or is that unknown?

His email address is in the Thanks file.  I'd prefer to let him speak
for himself (rather than me offering my interpretation and getting it
wrong.)  Norman wasn't trying to make a big public stink about his
exit, and he left the door open for returning at some later date.

I will say this.  We are all volunteers here and no one is getting
paid.  Since we are all contributing out of our spare time, and for
most of us that is a very limited resource, I respect that a person
would choose to reallocate how they are spending their spare time.

Norman made many fine contributions for which we are greatful, but it
is completely up to him to choose how he wants to spend his limited
spare time..

Regards,