David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Jim Wilson writes:
>
>  > > Sure we do (but implicitly; see below).  That's the whole point of a
>  > > scene graph -- objects draw themselves into their own coordinate
>  > > system, and their "containers", being higher up in the scene graph,
>  > > set up the modeling transformation appropriately.
>  > >
>  > Yes this is true, but models move within the scene, and the panel
>  > needs to be located at a given xyz in relation to the model not the
>  > scene.  Of course it could be oriented in the scene as it is now,
>  > but it really ought to be placed in the model, hence the suggestion
>  > that the orientation data come from the FGModel class.
>
> I think what Andy's suggesting is that the panel be part of the
> model's scene graph.

So am I, but panel isn't moved to a scene graph yet.  Now that I think about
it though, he is still going to need the offsets that the model doesn't know
about to implement the mouse action.  So never mind.  That information is and
will be in the property tree.  Sometime this week I should be ready to set up
the property tree for view data in it's more or less final form.

Best,

Jim