I haven't looked at this yet, but thought any plib guys might be
interested in this AVSim.com news item:

  The Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Development Team has released yet
  another SDK component, this time the MDL SDK.  <snip/>  Among the
  documents in the SDK are the MDLFMT.doc. This file is described as "An
  introductory document that describes the file format details
  (including file layout, the standard parameter block, and the
  parameter dictionary GUIDs) for aircraft model files used by Microsoft
  Flight Simulator 2002."

Link: http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK09.asp

The download is a .EXE, so I haven't downloaded it yet (I'm a linux
guy).  If you look at it, feel free to report back any findings.  Thanks
--
Cameron Moore
[ If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know? ]