Christian Mayer writes:

 > As I wrote before, there's a function in the WeatherCM code that
 > calculates the air pressure based on the air pressure at a given
 > altitude and at a given teperature profile. It is based on the well
 > known (but incorrect) baryometric (SP?) formula but doesn't suffer from
 > its limitations. When you feed it, the standard conditions it will
 > return the standard atmosphere.
 >
 > When you adopt that code, you'll automagicly get the correct results.

Does the code handle only pressure?  There are a few fairly good
atmosphere models I can adapt (including the one in JSBSim); I just
stuck with the tables for now because they keep the code fast and
simple.  I want to be able to extrapolate both ways -- if the user
supplies a temperature or pressure at altitude, I want to be able to
extrapolate the temperature or pressure at sea level, and vice-versa.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/