I am using macos 10.1.5 and a saitek x45 usb joystick.  The joystick is
getting power (lights up), but neither fgfs joystick tool (fgjs or
js_demo) sees it nor does fgfs when it starts up.

How does one set up a joystick on macos to work with flightgear?  I've
read the faq and the joystick support page but they don't mention mac
os x

Barring that, how can I use a mouse to climb, etc.  Under macos 9, there
was a delay problem with this joystick of two seconds or more, but it
doesn't look like os x or flightgear are seeing it at all.

Anyone familiar with human interface device setup on mac os x or BSD
that can advice?

TIA

Ima