Victoria Welch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Hi All,
>
>   Just wondering if anyone else uses this stick successfully?
>
>   It works perfectly here under windoz but after *hours* of changing the
> .fgfsrc and starting and stopping fg for each change, I am getting a
> little discouraged.

I'm not, but I am using a USB stick (MSSW).  Does it show in usbview?  If it
doesn't then it is your usb hid module config:

Modules required:
usbcore
usb-uhci
input
hid
joydev

If it then works in jstest, then all you need to do is make a config file that
maps the axes and buttons to functions.  Look in the base backage for other
examples (Input/Joysticks/)

Caveat: In my case I'm running a plib release (not cvs) and therefore the
actual config has to be placed in fgfsbase/joysticks.xml.  To use the new
setup (the default in base package cvs) you will need a current cvs of plib.

If you do an "old style" config (using a plib release like I currently use) in
the "joysticks.xml" you need to make sure the settings are wrapped in these tags:
<PropertyList>
  <js>
   (axis and button configs here)
  </js>
</PropertyList>

Look in the Docs/README.Joystick.html file for more info on configuring
joystick bindings.

The other and perhaps better alternative is to run plib from CVS if you aren't
already and just create a Saitek configuration file in the Inputs/Joysticks
directory tree.

Once you get something that works well you might want to submit the resulting
config so that we can add it to the package.  From what I understand Saitek
makes very good devices for flight simmers.

Best,

Jim