Norman Vine writes:
> I think you are on to something !
>
> That would explain the lightening of the clouds
> with each pass.  BUT this only started after I
> updated my code the other day !. Also I never
> had the 'text' texture

Right now I'm wondering if it is related to the use of
glColorMaterial()?

I've never had that play nice with setting material colors explicitely
(with lighting turned on.)  I remember Steve Baker investigating the
exact specification of what should happen when you switch between the
two methods of specifying colors.  His conclusion was that the spec
was ill defined and not even his high placed contacts had a good
answer.

The cloud3d code appears to be using glColorMaterial() to set the
color and I'm thinking that colors from the rest of FlightGear are
bleeding over into the cloud code.

i.e. when I enable the HUD I start getting dark green clouds.  When I
disable the HUD, the clouds start popping back to shades of gray.

> FYI
> I have to leave FGFS alone so I get some real work done
> for a couple of days,  mapserver stuff.
>
> But I am still reading mail :-)

Not fair!  We are so close... :-)