Curtis L. Olson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> David Megginson writes:
> > Curtis L. Olson writes:
> >
> >  > Our world (once I finishe with the other lighting schemes, and once
> >  > it's regenerated) will be as close to reality as our database
> >  > allows.
> >
> > Have you patched TerraGear to eliminate runway edge lights for
> > unlighted runways?
>
> Well, patched maybe isn't the best word, but essentially yes.  Now we
> only generate the runway lighting schemes that we understand:
>
> ASLF-II, MALS, MALSF, MALSR, SSALS, SSALF, SSALR, REIL ...
>
> Threshold, edge, and center line lighting are seperate entries in our
> database and those are generated accordingly.
>
> There are still more approach lighting arrangements that need to be
> implimented ...  Robin has a list of 20-25 in his docs.

There are airports that have intermitent, remotely switchable with onboard
radio, lighting. When you arrive in the vicinity of such an airport, you "push"
(sorry, lack of english vocabulary here) say 7 times in 5 seconds on the
radio button to switch it on. It switch off automatically after 15 minutes or
you can switch it off with 9 pushes.
Is there description for such an arrangement in the airport database? Usually,
details on this are in the Sectional Chart.

Cheers,

-Fred