From: "William L. Riley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Tuesday 22 October 2002 03:32 pm, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> > One thing you could play with is this:
> >
> > Find line #493 in src/Objects/matlib.cxx
> >
> >     tex_name = gen_taxiway_dir_light_map( 20, 20, 235, 155 );
> >
> > Change the last number (155) which is the overall alpha for the light
> > to a higher value.  The number can be in the range of 0 -> completely
> > transparent to 255 -> completely opaque.  The larger the number (up to
> > 255), the more visible the lights should be.  You might try 200 for
> > starters and then increase to 255.
>
> I changed the alpha up to 255 in matlib.cxx as suggested and can now see
them
> fairly well. Are these single pixel lights? Maybe it is my Acer monitor
that
> is the problem. ;)

I also find all runway/taxyway light very dim when seen from close.
At a distance, it is the fact that they are all close together that
makes the whole correctly bright. As points have no dimension, or at
least a size that is not dependant of the distance, we can hardly see
a light alone, only rows. Would it be possible to add dimensions to
lights, that is, make them with triangles in fill mode ?

Cheers,

-Fred