Michael Selig writes:
> At 10/23/02, Curtis Olson wrote:
> >I'm not coming up with any good ideas ... I *thought* that if you
> >didn't specify --enable-clouds3d, then none of that code was executed,
> >but perhaps that's not the case ... (?)
> >
> > >From gdb, it's dying in the 3d cloud setup/init but beyond that I'm
> >not sure why.
>
> Ok, given that it's in the new 3D cloud code, maybe some mods could be made
> so that none of that code gets executed w/ the default, which is 3D clouds off?
>
> I love to see those clouds ... but I'd be happy w/ the essentials for now.

In src/Main/main.cxx, line #230 we have:

  SkySceneLoader *sgClouds3d;

However, this is just a pointer, and I can't find any place where an
instance of this object is created.  It seems like it couldn't work
without it on any system; am I missing something here?

Should we #ifdef out all the 3d cloud support (so developers can still
conditionally compiled it in) until everything get's fully fleshed
out?