So, I've got the basic FGNav structure being constructed from a row in the DAFIFT NAV.TXT file. A couple of the fields are giving issues:

- it looks like the scaling of ADF frequencies in the Robin Peel data is wrong: they're in KHz? (eg 340.0), whereas the VORs are in MHz (eg 109.8), but there's a uniform scaling of 100 applied .... this seems a bit odd to me. I'd rather 'freq' was just the frequency in Hertz.

- All the navids in the DAFIFT have a supplied Magnetic Variance, so I need some help dealing with the format. It's basically:
E/W (direction)
degrees variation (actually deg / min / tenths of minute, but I can convert)
year / month stamp.

Now, what I'm wondering is whether I can do anything with the year / month stamp to update the variation? Oh, and what's the sign convention for our magvar values? +ve = East, -ve = West?

Anyway, the DAFIT stuff is going well, I'm able to pull in lots of extra data which will be useful for ATC and the like, as well as reception quality: there are things like guaranteed service ranges / volumes, transmitter wattages and the like.

H&H
James

--
There is no such thing as a humble opinion.