A story[1] on Slashdot today, linked to this presentation titled "Open
Source Software in Simulation and Training":

  http://linuxworld.idealcorp.com/presentation/
  http://linuxworld.idealcorp.com/ossist.pdf

Go through it to get the context, but the slides that mention FG-related
items are:

  http://linuxworld.idealcorp.com/presentation/img22.html
  http://linuxworld.idealcorp.com/presentation/img26.html
  http://linuxworld.idealcorp.com/presentation/img28.html

Of particular interest is slide #28 (err.. img28.html).  It reads:

  "FlightGear has already been utilized as an image generator for the US
   Military"

Any idea what that is?

Also, slide #33 says "C++ does not have an Open Source DIS
communications library and display differences complicate development."
Just thought I'd point that out since I've seen several people bring up
DIS from time to time.  Lastly, slide #35 has some conclusions that were
draw from the research does by this company.

Thanks

[1] http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/02/26/1749216
--
Cameron Moore
[ Why are there 5 syllables in the word "monosyllabic"? ]