Ryan Larson writes:

 > Mayor Daley ordered Meigs Field (KCGX) closed early this morning
 > and they have already torn up parts of the runway.
 >
 > Here is the current info on it..
 >
 > http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2003/03-1-157x.html
 >
 > If you can help in any way to fight this please let me know.

Yes, the aviation newsgroups and mailing lists have been on fire over
this topic since early this morning.  It's very sad, especially for
the people of Chicago: they have lost an important part of their
city's waterfront and a big chunk of its history.

Just be happy that Daley isn't mayor of New York or San Francisco, or
you might see the Chrysler Building or Alcatraz coming down next.
Note especially that this was done in the middle of the night with no
prior notice -- even the FAA didn't know until after the fact.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/