I haven't updated for a few months and now I see the base and source CVS repositories have moved, although the old ones still seem to be responding (but presumably out of date).

As I'm on a dial-up modem, I'm looking for a way to avoid a complete check-out (tens of megabytes -> hours or days of download).

So is rsync access available, and if so how do I access it? Google(site:flightgear.org rsync) only found old mailing list messages; nothing on the main pages of the web site.

Secondly, is it possible (please?) to rsync to a copy that includes CVS/ directories so that after doing that I can then switch back to using "cvs update"?

Thirdly, I notice that the repository name includes the version number (-0.9). So each time a new version is released, you start a new repository and developers have to do a fresh checkout (I don't think a script to convert the CVS metadata would be possible, as the revision numbers would change.) I don't think this is normal; is it intentional?

Thanks.

- Julian